Monday, September 17, 2012

Braised Potato(감자조림)



It is a dish that saves me when I have no idea what to cook. I always keep potatos, onions, red chili paste and soy sacue at my pantry and that's all I need for this beautiful dish.

Ingredients
3 potatos (diced)
2 onions (diced)
1 tbsp of red chili paste
1 tsp of soy sauce

Instruction
Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl excepting one onion. Make one onion-layer on the pot with the left onion and add in the ingredients in a deep pot. Add in two table spoons of water and bring to boil. Once it boils simmer for 5 minutes and toss one time and simmer anothe 5 more minutes.

Tips
 - When braising I always put one onion-layer for keeping from sticking on the bottom of the pot.
- If you like softer potatos you can leave the lid on for 10 more minutes after cooking.






No comments:

Post a Comment