Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Seaweed Rice Rolls(김밥)


It reminds me of Fanta. Let me tell you why. Whenever I have this my memory runs back through the time when I was in primary school. On a school-trip day my mum used to get up as early as the dawn and made these rolls and my two sisters and I were all ready and happy to set off. When we were lucky enough we could even have Fanta each. A sip of Fanta and one roll of it! I still can taste it. 

Ingredients
Here are ingredients I use often for it.

cooked spinach (or silverbeat, chives)
fried egg stripes
stir-fried carrot stripes
cuccumber
capssicum
chicken (stir-fried with soy sauce)
pickled turnip (at Korean shop,'단무지')
surimi ( imitated crab meat)
fish cakes
avocado

season for the rice
1) savoury version
salt, sesame oil and seeds
2) sweet version
salt, sugar, water and vinegar

Instruction
Prepare all the ingredients in stripes and make the rice mixing cooked rice with seasonings. Roll them up on the seaweed.

Tips
- I season each ingredient seperately.
- I usually leave some ingredients for my kids' lunch box for the rest of the week.
- My kids like ham or cheese in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment